A delicious, hearty cool weather meal, made using Golden Whisk’s versatile Spiced Plum Paste
2 lamb shanks
1 tbsp Extra virgin olive oil
Salt & Pepper
3 tbsp Golden Whisk Spiced Plum Paste
¾ cup good dry red wine
1 tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
Large sprig fresh rosemary
2 sprigs fresh thyme
1 clove garlic, crushed
1 large onion, sliced
2 beef oxo cubes
1. Brown the seasoned lamb shanks in a frying pan with the olive oil.
2. Place browned shanks in a slow cooker bowl, adding all remaining ingredients.
3. Cook on low for 5 hours, turning the meat every hour to ensure an even coating of stock.
4. Remove herbs and discard. Remove shanks and keep warm. Reduce the liquid on stove until syrupy. Season to taste.
5. Serve shanks on a bed of mashed potatoes with lashings of red wine sauce and steamed greens.